Already the end of another year! How time flies, right? Like pretty much everyone else on the planet, I like to take the time to look back at the year that’s ending so I can make plans for the new one. I don’t really like the word “resolutions,” but I do like to set goals for the new year. Last year, my goal for 2016 was to “live my best life today” and stop waiting for the perfect moment that’s never coming. I can’t say I always took the leap, but I think I did live my best life this year, the life that I really want, more than in any other year thus far.
Here are some good things from 2016:
- Visited California for the first time (and ended up going twice!)
- Visited Disneyland for the first time
- Started this blog & recommitted myself to blogging
- Took concrete action to improve my mental health
- Got a new tattoo
- Took on new & exciting projects at work
- Entered my first pinup contest (I didn’t end up getting to compete due to illness but…that’s partway there!)
- Saw Flight of the Conchords live, which I didn’t think would ever happen
- Cast my vote for a female presidential candidate
- Joined my first in-person D&D campaign
- Made new friends
Here are some things I want to do in 2017:
- Continue to improve my blog
- Read more books
- Travel to somewhere new
- Get a new couch
- Advance in my career
- Make more new friends
- More tattoos (sorry Mom)
- Upgrade my hairstyling game
- Write (and complete) a piece of fiction
- Do my first photoshoot
But more than anything, I want to keep saying yes to new things. I want to keep taking chances, striving to be my best self, and working to be braver, stronger, and smarter every day. I’ve come really far in the past few years, and I want to keep moving forward.
However you’re celebrating the New Year this weekend, I hope it’s safe and happy – I’m sure there will be some shenanigans in my Instagram stories, so make sure to give me a follow if you want to see what I’m up to.
Happy New Year, lovelies! xoxo
Want to help me achieve my 2017 goals? I’d love to get your feedback on what you’d like to see on The Sconnie Sling next year. Tutorials, reviews, rambling, inspiration – leave a comment or email me at pennysnark at gmail dot com to let me know what I can do to make my blog more fun and useful for you!